Bonnie’s Holiday Stress Relieving Tips
by Bonnie C. Haufe
- WRITE To Do list each day so you can set priorities, plan errands & delegate tasks.
- PLAN what items you need & in what order to get things done so you can minimize rush & worry.
- FOR a good night’s sleep each night, avoid caffeine, sugar & alcohol-etc. at least 2 hours before bedtime. Have quiet & still time 1/2 hour before.
- TO AVOID morning headaches from salt-laden foods, sugary treats & alcohol, try 2 glasses of water before treat or 2 glasses of water before bedtime.
- LEAVE for work 10 minutes earlier so you can relax & collect your thoughts before starting your shift.
- LISTEN to weather report each day on the hour by radio or anytime on mobile phone so you can plan to dress warmly & stay dry!!
- LEARN to say “NO” to less important activities to leave time for needed studying, work, a good night’s sleep-etc.
- PREVENT evening arguments for a peaceful sleep..
- WHEN dealing with crankiness of co-worker or customer, don’t take it personally! They are usually stressed or they have had a bad day.
Immune system boosters:
1)Laugh & smile as much as you can.
2)Have diet rich in fruits, garlic, onions & mushrooms.
3)Sore throat?? Try these options: 1)gargle with warm salt water 2) Eat lemon wedge w/rind
4)Stomach ache? Try ginger ale
5)Cold & nasal stuffiness? 1)Decaf hot tea with honey & lemon or chicken soup
6)Continue routine car maintenance to minimize chance of breakdowns.